"We have evaluated different tools, and your tool obviously is the Ferrari" -- Antonio Tabasco, Head of Remote Sensing Applications and Services / Aerospace, GMV
rasdaman ("raster data manager") is the pioneer and leading Array Analytics Engine, for scalable, actionable datacubes in science, engineering, and beyond. It provides agile analytics on massive multidimensional arrays, such as regular and irregular spatio-temporal grids. Its patented architecture is rigorously designed for performance and scalability - more than 2.5 PB of planetary-scale datacube federations have been built successfully, with realtime location-transparent data fusion; array queries have been split across more than 1,000 AWS cloud nodes.
The SQL-style query language allows users to flexibly build their own data product in a "mix and match" style. The underlying engine boosts performance through strong optimizations, parallelization, and modern hardware. This innovation has effectively pioneered the field of Array Databases, and is the blueprint for the OGC and ISO datacube standards.
Key distinguishing features of rasdaman are its flexibility, performance, scalability, and open standards support. On such spatio-temporal sensor, image, simulation, and statistics data appearing, e.g., in earth, space, and life science applications rasdaman allows to quickly set up array-intensive services which are distinguished by their flexibility, speed, and scalability. Optionally, rasdaman integrates itself smoothly into standard databases.
A multitude of clients can access rasdaman databases, such as python, R, QGIS, and ESRI. Conversely, rasdaman can link into any existing archive and with any server-side tool, such as Hadoop. Hence, rasdaman embeds itself smoothly into any existing infrastructure.More
All trade names and logos are property of the respective trademark owner.
Slider image credits: Shutterstock, ESA, rasdaman, template provider, rasdaman.
The controller responsible for the described data collection and processing is rasdaman GmbH, with contact as above. Technical maintainer of the underlying Web hosting is 1&1.
When you visit our website, 1&1 temporarily stores usage information on our web server for statistical purposes in the form of a log in order to improve the quality of our website. Details are described at Datenschutzhinweis. We have contractually ensured with 1&1 that 1&1 adheres to GDPR (in Germany: DSGVO) with respect to the services they provide to us.
Our product download portal (accessible through a URL differen from his website) is protected; if you log in there your activities will be logged based on our "legitimate interest", for protecting the site and for coninuously improving our service quality.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties without your express consent. We use revolvermaps for determining the city of visitors (nothing beyond this anonymized information is available); see their privacy statement which, at the time we evaluated it, obviously was in accordance with GDPR.
When it comes to processing your personal data, the GDPR grants you certain rights as a website user:
* Right of Access (Art. 15 of the GDPR): You have the right to request confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed; where this is the case, you have a right of access to this personal data and to the information specified in Article 15 of the GDPR.
* Right to Rectification and Right to Erasure (Art. 16 and 17 of the GDPR): You have the right to immediately request the rectification of incorrect personal data concerning you and, if necessary, the completion of incomplete personal data. You also have the right to request that personal data concerning you be erased immediately if one of the reasons listed in Art. 17 of the GDPR applies in detail, e.g. if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected.
* Right to Restriction of Processing (Art. 18 of the GDPR): You have the right to request a restriction of processing for the duration of a review if any of the conditions specified in Art. 18 of the GDPR have been met, e.g. if you have lodged an objection to the processing.
* Right to Data Portability (Art. 20 of the GDPR): In certain cases (which are outlined in detail in Article 20 of the GDPR), you have the right to obtain from us your personal data in a structured, standard, machine-readable format or to request the transfer of such data to a third party.
* Right to Object (Art. 21 of the GDPR): If data is collected on the basis of Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (data processing on the grounds of legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising from your particular situation. If you make such an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
* Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority In accordance with Art. 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection regulations. This right to lodge a complaint may particularly be exercised before a supervisory authority in the EU member state where you reside, work, or where you suspect that your rights have been infringed.
Our data protection officer, Dr. Peter Baumann (contact see above) will be happy to provide you with information or suggestions on the topic of data protection.